Monday, February 3, 2014

A lot of change has happened since I took a hiatus from blogging. . .

My last blog post was dated April 29, 2012.  So much has happened with our family/living situation/jobs/life since that time.  We lost our house (it is what it is and I have finally made peace with it).  We moved to a small town. . . It took a little getting used to but I love it!  Our son stayed to finish out his senior year and play football (I don't know that he would have ever forgiven us if we made him move).  Our oldest got a great job with a great company and now lives on her own.  So 3 kiddos made the move with us and it made this Momma sad to leave 2 behind.  Change is inevitable, but that doesn't make it any easier.  My little birdies are starting to leave the nest.
  Source

  I have really missed blogging.  It is my creative outlet.  I love painting furniture, giving old discarded items a new life and new home.  Sometimes it is the find that gives me the biggest thrill.  With the discovery of Caromal Colours Paint, re-doing furniture has never been easier.  It is simply the best.  No sanding before you start painting your piece so you get to the fun part right away.  This paint bonds to almost anything.

The very first piece we have ever painted was this:


(Apparently I didn't know how to crop yet)

Here is another one of our first pieces:




But, my very favorite piece of furniture we painted so far was this one, named Kennedy:


I found that naming each piece gave them a little personality.


So I may have already lost all of my followers, but I hope to gain you back one by one, plus a whole lot more.

Here is the first piece I will be painting in my second phase of blogging:

 A tall, very plain, part particle board, part wood dresser that will be transformed shortly.    Check back to see the results.

Also, last time I blogged (almost 2 years ago), I was having a contest and once I reached 100 followers, I was going to give away a jar of Caromal Colours paint.  I am at 100 followers, not sure how many are left, but I will run the contest through to the end of February 2014 and will draw a winner on March 1, 2014.  Just leave a comment below to enter to win.

Here's to many more posts, many more projects, and many more adventures.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

BJ I'm so glad you are blogging the cool stuff you do. Maybe it will make do some more. Put me in for the give-a-way, maybe I'll be the lucky one!
Tifani

Janet Roundy said...

so glad you are back and not letting all that talent go to waste...love to see all the great stuff you do and redo

lisa johnson said...

hey you ! this is your friend from tropic Utah, I to am loving the country life, it has been a year of changes for us also and leaving our children was also very hard but we are all adjusting any way glad your back! oh ya put me in your contest !!!!! miss ya, lisa

Shanna said...

As you know the bedroom set that you refinished for me is an absolute treasure... It was always " special " because it had belonged to my Grandma Aagard, but once you did your magic on it, it became a treasure I will never part with..

Brenda said...

Jenny, We are living the country life! I will send you a message.

Brenda said...

Tif, I had to do it. I missed it terribly. Did you order your paint?

Brenda said...

Lisa! So glad to hear from you! I promise this spring we are coming to Bryce and will make it a point to come see you! Consider yourself entered!

Brenda said...

Shan, Your bedroom set is truly one of my favorites too. It was definitely a labor of love. I miss you! Thanks, Grammy!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs